Tuition at the Hilton Head Jazz Camp along with our other programs is kept very affordable through the generous camp sponsorship from the Junior Jazz Foundation. Thanks to this sponsorship, you can be confident that you will receive an amazing week of jazz education from absolute experts in their field for half of the price of other comparable jazz camps.
Save the date for July 10-15, 2023 for the next Hilton Head Jazz Camp! Registration will open in early 2023.
Please read carefully through our registration and tuition rates, financial aid options (including automatic discounts and scholarships) below:
2023 Registration and Tuition Rates
• Registration Fee – ($50 – jazz camp, $25 – jazz clinic / guitar institute), required by all students. Please note that the registration fee does not apply towards the tuition rate. These funds are used for marketing and publicity.
Local Students (ages 10-20)
• Hilton Head Jazz Camp (recommended ages 14-20, tuition TBA): A full day camp with 18 full-time professional faculty (July 10-15, 9am-4pm) with a camp recital and finale performance. With a combination of large big bands, small combos, theory, improv, elective courses, masterclasses and performances, this premier jazz camp is geared towards intermediate to advanced middle and high school students. Tuition also includes a daily chef-prepared lunch & all daytime activities, masterclasses, and 2 complimentary tickets to the finale performance on July 15th at 2pm. Students will be billed for tuition following the completion of registration. Please note that the registration fee is separate from tuition. Students should have had 3+ years of playing experience, but no audition is required for entry into the camp. Placement auditions will be held on the first day of camp to determine the appropriate ensemble for our students.
• Hilton Head Jazz Clinic (recommended ages 10-14, tuition TBA): A 3-hour daily jazz clinic with college jazz camp alumni and upcoming faculty (June 19-23, 1pm-4pm), all-day music trip to Savannah on June 21, and finale performance on June 23. Our 8th annual jazz clinic is a combination of private lessons, small combos, with instruction in theory/improv geared towards beginning students beginning their journey into jazz and improvisation. Only one year of playing experience is required for this clinic. Please note that the registration fee is separate from tuition. This clinic also includes an all-day music trip to Savannah on Wednesday, June 21 with lunch provided. A final clinic performance will be held in the HHCA Performing Arts Center on Friday, June 23rd at 5pm. No audition is required.
• Hilton Head Jazz Guitar Institute (recommended ages 14-18, tuition TBA): A 3-hour daily jazz guitar clinic for intermediate to advanced high school guitarists (June 19-23, 1pm-4pm) with jazz camp alumni Dallas McCorkindale, music trip to Savannah, and finale performance on June 23rd. This new program is offered as a way for guitarists to have a grasp on how to play jazz in a non-competitive setting. At least two to three years of playing experience is a pre-requisite for the jazz guitar institute. This program is a highly recommended for any guitarists who also plan on attending the Hilton Head Jazz Camp. Also included is an all-day music trip to Savannah on Wednesday, June 21st with lunch provided. Please note that the registration fee is separate from tuition. A final joint performance with the jazz clinic students will be held in the HHCA Performing Arts Center on Friday, June 24th at 5pm. No audition is required.
Out of Town Students (ages 14-20) – Only available for the HH Jazz Camp:
• Lodging + Camp Package: TBA full camp and lodging package including six nights overnight lodging at new campus housing located on the campus of the USCB Bluffton campus, located 15 minutes from the camp location. Apartment suites include four separate bedrooms, two bathrooms, full kitchen and laundry. The lodging and camp package includes a well-stocked kitchen for breakfast, lunch at camp, full camp tuition & all daytime events. Check-in is Sunday, July 9th (night prior to the camp) and check-out is the morning of Saturday, July 15th. Students will need to bring separate spending money for dinner and optional evening activities. Parents can pick up their students following the finale performance. Only Age 14-20 and space is limited.
Financial Aid and Scholarships:
Discounts (Jazz Camp Only): There are several possible $50 automatic discounts available for any student attending the Hilton Head Jazz Camp. These include acceptance into an all-county, all-region or all-state band, returning alumni students from the 2011-22 Hilton Head Jazz Camp, sibling discount, or attending another 2023 JJF summer jazz program. Any two of these options may be applied towards the tuition balance. Please indicate any discount options on your online registration form.
Scholarships (Jazz Camp Only): Following your initial online registration (only $50 @ hhjazzcamp.eventbrite.com), you have the option of applying for a Junior Jazz Foundation scholarship. The Junior Jazz Foundation has setup a fund to assist students with tuition at the Hilton Head Jazz Camp based on either merit or financial need. Please note that most scholarships are partial, so that funds may be spread to as many students as possible. Scholarships are based on availability and need. Please note that scholarships apply to camp tuition only, not overnight lodging. Additional private scholarships may also be available. Scholarship applicants can apply online @ http://bit.ly/hhjazzcamp-scholarship immediately following their registration. Any awarded scholarships will be applied to the final tuition amount.
Flexible Tuition Payments: We understand that it is sometimes a struggle to pay in full for summer camp in the spring, so if you need to send multiple smaller payments, we are flexible to meet your financial ability. We want to assist you in making it possible for your student to attend the Hilton Head Jazz Camp!
Tuition is due in full by June 1 for the jazz clinic and guitar institute and June 15 for the Hilton Head Jazz Camp.
We are proudly part of the Junior Jazz Foundation, a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, which aims to promote jazz education for the next generation. In addition to the Junior Jazz Foundation, we are supported by a number of private donors.